General standard terms and conditions
§ 1 Services of medical travel europe
The service of medical travel europe consists exclusively of the mediation of transport and organizational services (hotel reservation, appointments with the clinic).
medical travel europe is not a tour operator, the execution of booked trips is not part of your contractual obligations. There are individual contracts with the tour operator, the airline, the hotel and the clinic.
medical travel europe only acts as an intermediary between the clinic and the customer. The contracts for medical treatments are concluded directly between the customer and the clinic. Therefore medical travel europe accepts no liability for claims regarding the provision of these treatments by the clinic and in particular for treatment errors.
The operation, medical pre- and post-treatment as well as any other medical ancillary services are external services of the clinic, which are only mediated by medical travel europe.
The information such as prices, travel times, etc. are based exclusively on information provided by the responsible service providers. The fulfillment of the mediated services as such is not part of the contractual obligations of medical travel europe.
There is therefore no liability on the part of medical travel europe for the proper provision of services by the service provider.
§ 2 Conclusion of contract
The order is placed by sending the booking confirmation and invoice of the deposit to the customer.
The down payment amounts to 10% of the total amount and, unless expressly agreed otherwise, is to be paid within 7 working days of the conclusion of the contract. The amount paid will be deducted from the total amount.
The remaining amount is due upon arrival at the hospital.
§ 3 Rebooking
The agent charges a processing fee of EUR 100 for rebooking the hotel.
The agent charges a processing fee of 5% of the total amount for rebooking the operation date 14 days or more before the specified operation date.
Any additional costs for the rebooking or partial travel allowances to be paid depend on the conditions of the hotel, the airline or the clinic.
§ 4 Withdrawal from the operation
If you withdraw, please note the cancellation costs (No. 5).
If flights, hotels or clinic services have already been booked, we expressly point this out to you – the service provider may incur additional costs, the amount of which we have no influence on.
The cancellation must be made in writing, by post or by email.
§ 5 Cancellation costs for the brokerage activity
We do not charge you any costs for our mediation activities when carrying out the treatment.
If the customer cancels more than 30 days before the date of the operation, we will charge you 5% of the total amount.
If the customer cancels less than 30 days before the date of the operation, we will charge you 10% of the total amount.
If the customer cancels up to 7 days before the date of the operation, we will charge you 20% of the total amount.
§ 6 liability
- medical travel europe only acts as an intermediary between the customer and the relevant service providers. The agent is therefore only liable for the careful selection of the service providers and the forwarding of the information in accordance with the contract. The information on flight, transfer and hotel accommodation is based exclusively on the information provided by the relevant service provider.
- Medical travel europe accepts no liability for medical services, travel and accommodation in clinics or hotels, as these contracts are concluded exclusively between the customer and the tour operators, airlines, hotels, clinics and doctors that have been brokered. The decision to conclude a contract with the clinic and the type of medical treatment is solely the responsibility of the customer.
- Our liability for damage caused by us or one of our vicarious agents or legal representatives willful or grossly negligent is unlimited in amount. In the case of damage resulting from injury to life, limb or health, the amount of liability is unlimited even in the case of a simple negligent breach of duty by us or one of our vicarious agents or legal representatives.
- Otherwise, we are only liable for slight negligence if an obligation is violated that enables the proper execution of the contract and on the fulfillment of which the user therefore trusts and may rely (essential contractual obligation). In the event of a breach of essential contractual obligations – as long as there is no case according to number 1 – liability is limited to such damage, the occurrence of which must typically be expected.
- The exclusions of liability or limitations do not apply if we have fraudulently concealed a defect, have assumed a guarantee or are liable according to mandatory statutory provisions such as product liability laws.
- The above limitations of liability apply accordingly to the personal liability of our legal representatives, employees and vicarious agents. There is no change in the burden of proof associated with them.
§ 7 entry requirements
Please note that you must comply with the applicable entry and exit regulations.
§ 8 place of jurisdiction
The place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from the contractual relationship between the customer and the provider is the registered office of the provider, provided that the customer is a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law.